There is one only one lesson to be learned today. One truth upon which all other truths rest. One reality that puts all reality in perspective.
This Jesus of Nazareth, this son of Mary:
- the one who preached the Good News to the people,
- the one betrayed by his disciple,
- the one denied by his friends
- the one condemned by the people
- the one scourged most cruelly by the Romans
- the one nailed to the cross
- the one who promised paradise to the repentant sinner
- the one who died begging forgiveness for his executioners
- the one who was buried three days in a tomb
This Jesus is risen!
This Jesus has conquered death!
This Jesus, is the sacrificial lamb who takes away the sins of the world
This Jesus, is the temple destroyed
This Jesus is risen up, as he promised.
Jesus is the Son of God.
Jesus is the Word made flesh.
Jesus is the Christ.
Jesus is the fulfillment of God’s promise of life everlasting in the Kingdom of Heaven for his people.
Jesus is the love of God, the Truth, the Way and the Life.
Jesus is our Lord and Savior in whom we believe.
All because of this one Truth.
Jesus, the Christ is Risen, Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia – Amen!
Happy & Joyful Easter!
Deacon Don Ron